Tuesday, August 30, 2005


Sania Mirza

This post is not about how much I love her (game) and blah blah... Also not about the interest and intrigue surrounding the 18-year-old Indian in locker rooms, media centres and viewing galleries around the world. (Oh how can I forget) Nor about how HOT she looks...

I saw her interview with some News Channel, after she won her first round (US Open) against the American Mashova Washington.

I somehow got this feeling to relate her to the Maestro Sachin Tendulkar some 12-13 years back (when he too, was a teenager). And wondered how different she is (in her attitude) as compared to the (then teen) Master.

Not that I do not like the way Sachin handles the media nor am I in a position to question Tendulkar's very down to earth Media friendly attitude. But I simply loved Sania's (coming on to the face) attitude with the media personnel. I felt it made the person taking the interview a little vulnerable. She made a very good balance of being polite, up front and most importantly made sense of whatever she talked about.

I am simply amazed to see how the circumstances can make one so mature at that age. (Well Sania can always stop me here and say that all this maturity comes at a cost of losing her boisterous and whoopee teen years. blah blah...)

A little off the track but I might want to relate this attitude to India's global brand strengthening and booming economy in one of my future posts.....:) Of course not taking anything away from our new champ.

Pre Tournament (US Open 2005) Interview

To Russian Svetlana Kuznetsova
Press: What do you think of Sania's Game
Kuznetsova: "What has this got to do with the US Open?"

ME: She kicked your "US Open champ ASS", earlier in the year at Dubai. REMEMBER!!!!

YO babe!! We are all behind ya... go grab it...!!!

PS: Mature in attitude but lacking some in the game when our babe lost the 3rd game in the final set after being 2-0 up. Went for 3 mighty (ambitious) strokes (may be as she had broken the opponent's serve) quite silly but very much like me ... ;)

2 comments:

_________________TUSHAR_________________ said...

Yes, I saw. I could not find anything which you cannot like about her.

Parin Mehta said...

Balls to the GAme she is HOT !!!!!!