Wednesday, August 03, 2005


Yup, this is the place which is the centre of gravity of Austin(the live music capital), its called The SIXTH Street. If somebody is looking for a music festival, this street on a friday or saturday night is no less.


Gosh!, the number of people hopping bars/clubs is mind blowing. There is music. And not just music but LIVE music all around.

From Hip hop to jazz to rock to heavy metal to piano bars to country to something quite bizzare and "never heard off" is what I have experienced here. Yup there are clubs too, where all the party animals get drunk and then hop to pick up the cats.

Austin, apparently, is the place which is liked by most, especially people living in Big cities like NYC or Chicago. Well, I am just plain lucky to come for work here.

I wonder how these places will make money if they put a "No Stags" board outside their gates. Such a concept is unheard off here. When I told one my American team mates about having a gal along, when visit a good known pub back in India, he laughed and said "hope they dont ask for marriage certificates someday".

I had a Bud Light in each of the 3 places I visited on a single night, and going alone to bars is quite ok here, I mean the whole point is to meet new people.

Met different kinda people and exchanged numbres ;-). One is into production in making documentaries, the other was a whako and asked me to hump bitches (his friends) on the dance floor (don't ask if I went). Then there was this couple and interestingly the gal (Texan) was the one who came down and made a conversation.

Some places I visited: Styx, Pete's Piano Bar, Logan's, Ruta Maya Bar, Treasure Island (Don't go by the name, this is a normal night club), Buffalo Billiards, Pool Club.

A coupla others but can't remember the names.

2 comments:

_________________TUSHAR_________________ said...

Nikhil?, as in Nikhil Sethi?

Anonymous said...

Thats like my bitch...........keep up the good work. Make mama proud.