Thursday, August 04, 2005


NEW YORK

The synonym (if any) for this city, would be BUZZ.

Reached at about 2am at Rohit's place. The travel from Austin to Newyork was quite dramatic. May be more for Rohit than me. (Had missed the connecting flight, to see Rohit all worked up when I finally reached NY)

I had just one and a half days to see the city. Felt like a typical tourist after I was asked by a coupla people to take the tour bus if I wanted to cover all the major destinations.

My far off relative, Ajay, had other ideas. He met us at about 11am at The Grand Central (Dadar of NY). He asked us to cover as much as possible on foot, which we did. Saw the China town, City Hall, Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, Wall Street, Brooklyn Bridge, Empire State Building, Union Square, Times Square, White plains and what not. At the EOD, had walked about 25-30 miles in all.

The last major thing we saw at about 12:30 in the night was The Times Square. That place just absorbed all the pain in my legs and gave me that Red Bull kick which I badly wanted. I don't want to get tempted and mention it all here, I mean that place deserves an exclusive post.

Had hot dogs all day :-).

PS: The pictures were taken by a Canon PowerShot SD200. Caption pic is taken from the 86th floor of The Empire Tower. Not a bad night shot haan!!
The bull was taken at the Wall Street.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

u went for work to the US?

patrick

Anonymous said...

PS: The pictures was taken by a Canon PowerShot SD200


Thanx for the info man .

I learn new things everyday.

Nikhil

_________________TUSHAR_________________ said...

Patrick,

What are weekends for? (Unless you are in Saba)